Friday, January 14, 2022

I am Blessed

 


I know a man who answers, “I am blessed,” every time someone asks him how he is doing. I mention that because in our Psalm (128) today, there are many blessings.

It begins with “Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord.” Perhaps a better translation is “blessed is everyone who is in awe of the Lord.” That’s because God is awesome, and so we respect and revere God. As we grow older, we see how awesome God is that we don’t ever want to lose Him. We can lose God if we no longer walk in His ways.

As adults, God will bless us with enough food from the money we earn by working. And if and when we marry, we pray that God bless us with many children.

When you get to my age, I pray that God blesses you with grandchildren because that’s when the fun really begins. Ask your grandparents, they’ll know what I mean.

No matter what happens to you, if you walk in God’s ways, you are blessed. And when someone asks you how you are, answer, “I am blessed.” With that, let us pray.

Heavenly Father, from whom all fatherhood in heaven and earth is named: Bless all children, and give their fathers and mothers the spirit of wisdom and love, so that the homes in which they grow up may be to them an image of Your Kingdom, and the care of their parents a likeness of Your love. We pray in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment