Saturday, January 29, 2022

God Knows You

 


How long have you known someone? Last Sunday, I met for the first time the new pastor at Prince of Peace Church. So, I have known him only a week. I have known some of the members here less than two years. I have known my wife twelve years. I have known my older brother ever since I can remember. And I have known my grandchildren before they were born.

I mention how long I have known people because in our first reading today (Jeremiah 1:4-10), we read that God knew Jeremiah before he was formed in his mother. No matter how long any of us know someone, God has known that person even before he was in his mother.

Not only that, God knew what Jeremiah was to become even before he knew. God knew what I was to do even before I knew it. When I think about this, I feel overwhelmed with awe; and all I can say is, “Wow!”

Now, do you know what you want to be when you become an adult? Some people know when they are children what they want to be. My brother always wanted to be a chemist. He became a chemist. My niece is a nurse, and I am not surprised because her mom is a nurse. Maybe you will become what your mom or dad is, or maybe not. God already knows. That’s why it’s important, even as children, that you ask God to show you what you are to become.

What you become may not be easy. It was not easy for Jeremiah to become a prophet or Jesus to be the Savior. So, start asking God what He wants you to become and ask for the strength to become that. Ask God that as you become what He wants you to be that you can praise him as Jeremiah and Jesus did. With that, let us pray.

Heavenly Father, from whom all fatherhood in heaven and earth is named, bless these and all children. Give their fathers and mothers the spirit of wisdom and love, so that the homes in which they grow up may be to them an image of Your Kingdom, and the care of their parents a likeness of Your love. We pray in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment