Friday, July 14, 2023

GOD'S RAIN

 


Do you like when it rains? There are times that I am so thankful to God for making it rain. Rain waters my garden, my trees and my lawn. The Prophet Isaiah (55:10-13) said that God’s rain comes down from heaven to water the earth. The purpose of rain is to sprout seeds and give us food to eat.

We know that rain is good, but too much of it is not good. Too much rain can ruin our crops and take away the seed we plant. This happened to me a few years ago when I planted grass in front of my house. After I finished, it rained for three days, washing away most of the seed I planted. God humbled me, and made me realize that I only plant the seed. God gives the growth.

What other seeds do I plant? Apart from grass, pumpkin, cucumber or bean seeds, I plant the Word of God. Every Sunday, I plant seeds of faith in the people who gather with us for worship, and the Holy Spirit makes the seeds of faith grow in people according to God’s good and gracious will.

I don’t rely upon entertaining people with jokes and funny stories, with colored lights and rock bands. I simply plant seeds of faith and pray that God’s Holy Spirit stirs the hearts, minds and hands of every person who hears God’s Word.

I also offer people Christ’s Body and Blood to strengthen them for the week so that after they leave here, they go home and show God’s love to their family members, neighbors and friends and bring those people to hear God’s Word. You too can plant those seeds of faith when you leave here too. Maybe next week, we can all bring someone to worship with us.

With that, let us pray. Heavenly Father, from whom all fatherhood in heaven and earth is named: Bless these and all children, and give their parents the spirit of wisdom and love, so that the homes in which they grow up may be to them an image of Your Kingdom, and the care of their parents a likeness of Your love. We pray in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment